Desktop label printers
Limited space and low print volumes? Desktop label printers are a compact and cost-effective solution.
An economical solution for businesses with low to medium print volumes, desktop label printers are designed to suit a variety of operations from retail to healthcare.
Small but efficient, these compact label printers can print up to 1,000 labels per week with a 4” wide print capacity. They are also easy to use and deploy, delivering outstanding performance in a compact form factor.
As an Authorised Hardware Partner of the world’s leading desktop label printer manufacturers, Zebra®, Datamax®/Honeywell® and Brother®, BCP Media in Brisbane supplies a wide range of models to customers across Australia.
Browse online now or learn more about our label printers below.
Our desktop label printers are available in:
- Direct Thermal or Thermal Transfer
- 203dpi or 300dpi (dot per inch)
- USB or Ethernet connection
- With various optional accessories
Suitable for use in any industry:
Benefits of buying a desktop label printer from BCP Media
- We specialise in a complete label solution from hardware to consumables.
- BCP Media is a solutions provider in this vertical. We work with you to find the right product for your unique business requirement.
- Customers are able to draw from our 30 years of experience and product knowledge to purchase the right label and ribbon combination, ensuring consistency and optimum print quality.
- We stock a full range of suitable consumables for all desktop models.
- BCP Media is an Authorised Hardware Partner of Zebra® & Datamax® desktop label printers.
- Our experienced label printer technicians offer optional onsite installation, after sales service and support.
Choosing the right desktop label printer
The four main considerations when choosing a desktop label printer are:
- Label life cycle
- Maximum label size
- The font size being printed on your labels
- Connectivity (USB or Ethernet)
Labels with a short life cycle and not subjected to direct sunlight are generally printed through a direct thermal label printer.
Labels with a life cycle exceeding 6 months should be printed through a thermal transfer label printer using thermal transfer labels and ribbons.
Thermal transfer vs direct thermal desktop label printers
Direct thermal printing
Direct Thermal Printers create high quality images on temperature sensitive label media without using a ribbon.
Labels created using direct thermal printing are not designed to last a long time and are generally used for short-term labelling applications, such as pallet identification labels or address and carton labelling.
Direct thermal labels are not designed for outdoor use and should not be subjected to direct sunlight.
Thermal transfer printing
Thermal transfer printers use heat to transfer the image from the ribbon onto the face of the label. These printers are capable of printing in both direct thermal mode (without a ribbon) and thermal transfer mode (with a ribbon).
When using a ribbon in thermal transfer mode, you can produce a high quality durable label on materials such as paper, synthetic and polyester.
Matched with the right label and ribbon combination, these labels can be scratch resistant, solvent resistant and chemical resistant for indoor or outdoor use.
Learn more about desktop label printers
BCP Media in Brisbane has an extensive range of compact desktop barcode label printers in stock ready to ship throughout Australia. If you are looking to print retail labels, prescription labels, freight labels, carton labels or pathology labels, our specialists are available to advise you on the best solution.