Thermal transfer printers
Print permanent labels with fast, flexible and easy-to-use thermal transfer technology.
Ideal for printing labels and barcodes in high volumes, thermal transfer printers use a ribbon to produce images with unparalleled quality and durability. BCP Media stocks a range of Zebra®, Datamax®/Honeywell® and Brother® thermal transfer printers in Brisbane, available for next day delivery throughout Australia.
Thermal transfer technology creates durable, high quality labels suitable for indoor (paper) and outdoor (synthetic) use. Browse thermal transfer printers for long-term applications such as product identification, inventory management, repairs tracking, medical records and more.
Browse our range of thermal transfer printers online now or learn more below.
Benefits of buying a thermal transfer printer from BCP Media
- BCP Media specialise in a complete label solution, from hardware to consumables.
- As a solutions provider in this vertical, we will work with you to determine the most suitable thermal transfer printer for your unique business requirements.
- We supply a full range of suitable consumables for all thermal transfer printer models.
- We are an Authorised Hardware Partner of Zebra®, Datamax®/Honeywell® and Brother®.
- Our thermal transfer printer technicians can provide optional onsite installation, after sales service and support.
How do thermal transfer printers work?
Thermal transfer printers use a ribbon that melts onto the label when heated by the printhead. As the ink absorbs, it creates a permanent image on the label.
As a result, the print quality of a label printed thermal transfer is extremely durable and resistant to fading and scuffing. Ribbons are available in three different grades: waxed; waxed/resin and full resin for varying durability.
At BCP Media, we supply a comprehensive range of thermal transfer ribbons in a variety of sizes, colours and compositions to suit your needs. Explore your options today.
Advantages of thermal transfer printers
- Print on various label materials including matt paper, gloss paper, synthetic and top coat polyester.
- Superior image durability and resolution suitable for barcoding, text and graphics.
- Print image using a ribbon can withstand heat, moisture and rubbing.
- Coloured ribbons available.
- Single or batch label printing with zero waste.
- Print small fonts for ingredients labelling using a 300dpi thermal transfer printer.
- Reliable functioning in industrial applications.
- Low long-term maintenance costs in comparison to other forms of printing.
Learn more about thermal transfer printers
It’s important to ensure your labels and ribbon are correctly matched for optimal performance. Our experts can assist you in choosing the right combination to print high-quality, long-lasting labels on demand.